The concept of the System Automobile is another original and unique invention that we from Style of Speed have researched, designed and developed over many years together with the OntoLab and other business divisions, like e.g. Roboticle and Softbionics, as the next generation of our Multi-Purpose Vehicle (MPV) ETE.
hardware and software platform called Integrated Wheeled Intelligence (IWI), that is also known as PC on/with Wheels, Smartphone on/with Wheels, iCar, or iAuto, and
application and service platform, that is integrated with our Ontologic Net (ON), Ontologic Web (OW), and Ontologic uniVerse (OV) in an all-encompassing overall system.
The results are our
There is one more car ...
The IWI is a basic smartcar platform, or described more precisely, a:
System Automobile platform.
Chassis Module System,
Computing and Multimedia, and
Robotics, as well as
Iri platform of intelliTablet in relation to the large endoskeleton and the small endoskeleton with their accompanying components and the computing and multimedia components.
The IWI is based on our technologies of the:
The basic blocks could be made of fiber-reinforced composites, bas- ed on carbon for example, while the screws, nuts, and other inserts could be made of a high-strength metal, based on titanium for ex- ample. Doubtlessly, these basic elements can be 3D printed and 3D sintered as well.
The final interior and exterior components must not have the knobs, for sure. Quite contrary, there are many options for customization and individualization even on demand, for sure by 3D printing.
The System Automobile platform is:
providing a base for
Due to its modular concept, the hardware and software platform provides different
vehicle wheelbases and tracks,
suspension and drivetrain technologies,
specifically a platform for
any vehicle, that is
- completed with a bodywork,
- homologated as any type of multi-wheeled vehicle, and
- in series and
- even just in time on demand by the end customer
as well as
any application and service, including for example
- Car as a Service (CaaS) and
- Mobilitiy as a Service (MaaS).
In relation to the chosen configuration, the IWI can be used as a base for many possible types of bodywork, for persons and goods transport. A platform that reduces the time to market and costs for the production of vehicles.
The IWI is including:
structural chassis modules called large endoskeletons (simply called endos), including
suspension, brakes, and steering modules, and wheels,
- front section,
- main section,
- rear section, and
- sub-modules, as well as
- connection respectively attachement system to mechanically lock the body to the chassis and electrically couple the control systems of the body with the related components of the chassis, based on mechanical, electro-permanent magnetical, and electrical quick releases,
electric power source
- integrated electric drive module complete with Active Motor, inverter, oil pump, and Active Differential #1 with gear reduction housed in a chassis,
interface elements for the vehicle bodywork implementation,
functional modules called small endoskeletons.
- common power generator,
- batteriy pack,
- fuel cell, and
- BMS modules,
The smartcar platform itself consists of:
large endo(skeleton) as basic chassis (extension) module with
functional modules comprising
- integrated bus for electric power and data transfer, and Radio Frequency (RF) connectivity, and
- intelligent coldswap and hotswap connection systems with wake/detect pins, so that arbitrary modules can be mounted, added and replaced on the exterior easily,
structural and ornamental skins respectively coachwork or bodywork modules with
- exterior components and
- interior components.
The lifecycle of an system automobile follows several consecutive basic steps:
1. Decide how to realize the automobile
1.1 Do It Yourself (DIY)
1.2 Use Services (USs).
2. Get configurator from Style of Speed website including exterior and interior library
3. Configure your custom automobile
4. View chosen model
5. Get your own iCar/iAuto
5.1 Buy online and get it delivered to you
5.2 Go to Style of Speed center and pick it up
6. Download any type of connectivity package including applications and online services from Style of Speed store
7. Register automobile and get insurance
8. Repair, upgrade, expand, or/and adapt to new technologies
8.1 Buy elements and functions online and do it yourself
8.2 Go to Style of Speed center and let it done by services
10. Go back to the start
In the process of the lifecycle the customer is free to complete the vehicle by choosing the:
- bodywork upper structure,
- skins, and
generic, electric equipment
- panels, and
digital features, and
assistance and autonomous functions.
- dashboard, and
- electric accessories,
In addition, we developed the foundational ecosystem with many fascinating:
around the IWI platform, that will be revealed in accordance to our project timeline.
Further Informations and Support
Large parts of the basic technologies are not compatible with other projects related with modular (mobile) devices and the basic concepts and technologies are copyrighted, but can be licensed by an interested party.
Choosing the IWI as a vehicle base, the vehicle road homologation is substantially facilitated. Besides the platform (as manufactured product or as project rights), Style of Speed is offering its assistance for the integrated body design, vehicle prototyping and homologation.
If you have further questions please get in contact with us from Style of Speed directly.
Style of Speed Announcement IWI #1
Style of Speed Further steps IWI #2
Style of Speed Further steps IWI #3
Style of Speed Further steps IWI #4
Style of Speed Further steps IWI #5
Style of Speed Further steps IWI #6
Style of Speed Further steps IWI #7
Style of Speed Further steps IWI #8
Style of Speed Further steps IWI #9
Style of Speed Further steps IWI #10
Style of Speed Further steps IWI #11
Style of Speed Further steps IWI #12
Style of Speed Further steps IWI #13
Publicated issues so far: